Monday, January 26, 2009

The Turqouise Necklace

When taking Susan Roper's watercolor class, one of our last assignments was to paint a subject of our choice. I photographed this arrangement in my media wall. A sandalwood candle, a metallic copper, bronze and gold bowl, and my turqouise nugget necklace. Even though I used AJ metallic paints - copper, gold, and silver (for the silver chain and nugget base), it does not show up in this photo. I played around with my original photo using my Picasa program thinking I would get some of the metallic finishes to show but believe I only succeeded in messing up the photo. I am so pleased that I still feel challenged to learn new techniques both in painting and on the computer. There are times, however, when I would like to spear the monitor with my new brushes. Am open and soliciting comments.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Wow Potsy! This turned out with a great glow The main way to get that glow is to show the lightest lights next to the darkest darks, so I do think it come through in the photo.

Love your pots, too; though I didn't mind the stripes (genius or otherwise) at all before you cropped them out.