Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stunning Saguaro

This is a beautiful example of a mature saguaro. Keep in mind that a saguaro takes at least 50 and sometime up to 100 years before any arms start to grow. These beauties sometimes live up to 200 years old. So, in terms of "saguaro years"....I am still very young. I intend to revisit this piece of natural sculpture in about 3 weeks to take photos of blossums that will appear at the crown. Thanks to Ginny for sharing the day with me; thanks to Tony for buying the regional/state park pass; and thanks to Larry for taking us to lunch while we were still hot and sweaty. It was a great day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

These are great Ann! I was wondering how the flowers were at the Tanks now, the Brittle Bush is blooming all along the roads now so I guess it is time for them. I am glad you had a nice hike there, it is a lovely park.

RICARDO COLUGNATTI said...

It looks like it's sticking the middle finger out :)