Monday, February 11, 2008

Kachina Collection #168

"Badger" of my Kachina Collection - watercolor 22x30 on 300# paper and float matted on 30x40 expresso brown matboard. This is my best version of dry brush over numerous dried washes, as well as the sanding to give a sueded leather look on the footware. It also gave me an excellent opportunity to experiment with the wood pedestal on which Badger is standing. Many observers felt that I should have included a background in the collection to avoid making it look like illustration art, but my intent was to have total focus on the kachina.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Wow! You go, girl! Congrats on moving Picasa files to your blog (I think that multicolored little logo is from Picasa?).

These look great against the black background, I am glad you chose that template.

I'm glad you are getting along well with your blog.

Susan