Sunday, September 14, 2008

European Street

Wanted to show my progress in the challenging stonework of this street scene. I worked on the tile roof this afternoon. Had already done some underpainting, but needed a photo of an older tile roof. My fellow artist, Barb Lang, and her photographer spouse, Charlie, sent me photos of the tile roofs in Italy. Barb took some lessons in Italy last May and Charlie took lots of photos. Still work to be done, but am rather pleased so far with the results.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

This is looking better and better. The bricks and stonework are becoming more aged and I like how the car is becoming more one with the shadows; that looks correct now. Will you be texturing the street/walkways? I think they would benefit from that, like it is an older area? I guess I didn't look at what was on the reference photo in that area.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished, it is such a departure for you it is good to see it coming together so well.