Sunday, June 1, 2008

Alaskan Mask

Sometimes, one needs to venture outside their comfort zone. This is my departure from the comfort of pots and clay ladies. It is colorful and bright, full sheet on 300# paper and float matted on a full sheet of dark bisque matboard. Cheap Joe's American Journey watercolors, which I use exclusively, are such rich colors and delightful to play around with. I was able to use full strength, then sand, then use diluted strength to bring out definition. It was critiqued by one of my art groups, Vanguard Artists, and I was pleased with the response and how I was able to further define values using their critique suggestions.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Wow, I remember when you started this one at one of the ArtChix sales, it certainly is colorful and so richly painted. Great painting....Susan