Friday, June 6, 2008

Clash of Pottery and Blankets

This is an experimental painting done on 400# rough press paper. The paper absorbs color quickly and bleeds into dry area....a very challenging situation if you are a control freak! I combined 4 photos and it appears that there are competing patterns that don't "gel well" as well as a monotony of color. So, I am keeping the painting attached to the "gatorboard"; reviewing periodically; using my transparency sheet to add color or more intense values; and then will photo again for decision purposes. If anyone has comments and/or suggestions, I would welcome any input.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

For a quick critique, I think everything except the gray-toned blanket at the bottom does work together well. If you add some of the orange colors to that I think it would fit in with the rest of the painting. The pattern might tie in better, also, with that same black/dark brown on the rest of the pieces.

I like the variety of patterns on the pots, this makes it not monotonous in my eyes. Great colors going on.